Saturday, 20 December 2008

Communicating with Pop Fenton's nephews - Bourgeouis

From: MSN Nicknamemrsbsrooma11 Sent: 4/10/2006 10:26 a.m.

14 September 2006

A letter to Earl Bourgeois brought about a number of phone calls to his cousins ranging from Auckland to Cambridge.  Success has introduced me to the family of Ellen Stanley and Wallace Pollock, QSM.  They are the descendants of Pop Fenton's sister Mary, who married Mr Alexander Pollock.  I've been told that their family tree features Thomas and Michael and the inevitable name of Ike is quite common.  About six weeks more to wait Nell's return to ask for more help and the family tree from Wallace.

September birthdays to start with, the ones that I've got recorded and presume to be correct.  If you want to let me know of your children or family's details, email, please.

Edwin Bailey, 10th    Darren Snooks, 23rd 
 Cindy Tong, 29th    Kevin Fenton, 13th
 Danny Fenton, 7th    Janine Fenton, 24th

Wheels of Terror and I've joined the scooter brigade with a Vespa.  I trailed Richard to Torbay this morning and back home via Albany, Coatesville and Whenuapai.  Now here's the problem:  what age were, oops, was, my one admirer today?  Get counting.  He first owned a scooter in 1953.  Tonight I viewed the back lot of the ex-Hobsonville airbase and could see the mock village being constructed for a movie set.  Practising riding has its limits and the engine conked out at the hairy junction of Clark Road and Hobsonville Road.  Unusually so, not one driver harassed me for holding them up.  I had triggered the kill switch in my start-off attempts

No comments: